Preparing Your Real Estate Documents
Selling a home is an involved process. There are numerous items to think about including choosing a Real Estate Professional, preparing your home for sale, negotiating with possible buyers, handling details with a lawyer and moving. When you are prepared the process can be much easier. In fact, you will feel less stressed and more organized when you give some thought to organizing the paperwork you need. When you have everything in one place, you will not be scrambling to find documents at the last minute. Even better, you will feel in control, and prepared for anything that comes your way.
Here is a list of the documents you should have on hand, both for your Real Estate Professional and for any potential buyers.
- Mortgage documents
Mortgage and any other related documents.
- Property survey
This will inform your agent about any changes that have been made to the property.
- Transfer of title document
- Tax assessment notice, taxes paid notice
- Utility bills (gas, water, power)
- If applicable, relevant condominium documents
- Maintenance documents (repair receipts for any improvements completed on the property)
Additional sale enhancing items and information such as:
- photographs of your home in the summer, with the garden in full bloom
- pool in the summer
- proposals/sketches for renovations
Other documents regarding your home
- separation agreement/divorce settlement/court order
- will or probate documents
- unpaid judgments against you
- unpaid taxes
- unpaid utilities
- pending litigation